Tuesday 16 October 2007

Life Coaching with the Coach Exec

Today I had my first coaching session with the Angus Margerison - the "Coach Exec". It was an interesting experience and I am definitely keen to have a few more sessions with him. I've never had any life coaching before so this was a new experience. It was sort of like one-to-one motivational conversation with a bit of psychological probing thrown into the mix. I did wonder where he was going when he asked what my favourite colour was, but he didn't go all Freudian with the psycho-analysis. The CoachExec website has more about their approach to empowerment and target setting. It seemed abstract when I read the website but after having a session with Dr. Margerison I understand what he's actually on about. He's quite an interesting character. As CoachExec he does executive coaching as well as creative coaching. I think his creativity helps a lot with his probing and drawing things out. I might post more about my next session if I feel further inspired.